Monday, 20 October 2014

The Bank Card

On the way to our caravan in the Autumn of 2014, we stopped off for breakfast at McDonalds. I paid by handing Jon my husband, my bank card. As I had the dog on my knee, I couldn't get it back easily into my handbag, so I stuffed in into my bra. Not unusual as I often put small things in there. I then forgot about it as we continued our journey.

At the caravan, Jon took the dog out for a walk and I went to the toilet. I realised that my bank card was still in my bra. So I went into the bedroom and saw that the bed needed making up and proceeded to find a sheet and prepare it ready for bedtime.

With everything unpacked, we planned to relax for a couple of hours. So, as normal when relaxing, I 'let out the girls' and I sat reading my kindle and Steve Mosby's Black Flowers, which I had seen on a shelf of a charity shop. I read the blurb on the back and thought it sounded interesting. I took a photo of it and later bought it from Amazon and downloaded it onto the kindle.

However, I digress,  Jon settled down with his Apple Mac to familiarise himself with the new Yosemite update, which had just been released.

A couple of hours in, I remembered my bank card. I'd forgotten when I took my bra off, that it was still in there. So it could only be somewhere in the bedroom, and off I went to look for it.

I couldn't immediately see it, so I check my bra in case it had somehow stuck inside, it hadn't. I took our bags out of the room after checking them in case it flew out and landed in a pocket. It hadn't.

I checked under the duvet, under the sheet and under the pillow in case it miraculously lodged there. It didn't.

I then checked the floor and under the bed. It couldn't be anywhere else. The toilet, where I had last seen it, was practically two steps away, so it had to be here somewhere. I stared at the floor again, the carpet was the same colour as it, so could it be camouflaged?

I walked back up the caravan to ponder over a cup of coffee. As I did, I was telling Jon the story and my hand touched my tummy. If felt hard, oblong and plastic. Luckily my top had an elasticated waist and the card was lodged at the bottom. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment