Friday, 18 September 2009

SLOP BUCKETS

I read in the Daily Mail how the government are going to issue everyone with a slop bucket for collecting foodstuff that is normally thrown in the bin. What a load of tosh.

Does anyone really believe what they papers say? My guess is that someone over heard a personal comment made by an MP and blew it up out of all proportion.

If they were really serious about it then buy everyone a incinerator. I like to recycle where I can and when we had a new kitchen fitted we bought one. Perfect, now all left overs, peelings etc go straight in there and the waste goes out of water pipe.

A slop bucket is like going back to the middle ages. Follow this link to read the article.

2 comments:

  1. Waste food should be composted where possible, not thrown in a bin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen this reply, but they did supply us with slop buckets and once a week it is collected in the 'green' bin with all the garden waste. It's the norm now and I can't believe I was so horrified at the thought.
    Our garden is very small and a compost heap would smell to near the house, beside, I've no idea how to do one!

    ReplyDelete