Sunday, 27 September 2009

COMPLAINING AT ASDA

Have you heard these stories of people complaining about a product and receiving a box of something in return.

If you don't contact big companies when there is something to say, you get nothing, so I thought I would give it a go.

I occasionally do my shopping on line and bought a box of green tea bags which I took to work when I realised it tasted odd.

On inspecting the packet, I saw in tiny writing underneath the words Green Tea - with a hint of jasmine.

Yuk, I threw out the box, if I'd have wanted a hint of jasmine in my green tea, I would have asked for it and cursed the picker.

I then went to Asda myself and to the tea shelf and chose one that said green tea. The following morning, I made myself a drink and realised it had an odd taste again - you've guessed it - with a hint of jasmine.

I then realised it was so easy to miss when standing at the shelf, so I wrote to Asda to complain.

They took my letter very seriously and I got a nice, if not slightly over the top one in return. It expressed sincere apologies that I wasn't happy with one of their products and they would do their utmost to rectify the situation. To compensate, they said they would send me an Asda gift card.

So I was happy, until it arrived a week later, and saw it was only for a £1.

Who said it pays to complain!

2 comments:

  1. I was driving home from the grocery store, it was dark, I was eating M&M's when a hard piece of plastic almost broke my tooth. I called the M&M company, Mars, & complained & they sent me 5 coupons worth $5 each to purchase any Mars products. They also asked me to send the plastic & wrapper to them so I did. It was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the feeling that over there they are much more generous, Cathy. That's nice though, to get something good in return.

    ReplyDelete