Sunday, 30 August 2009

BATHROOM ENCOUNTERS

There I was 9.15 am on a Sunday mornng coming out of my bedroom at exactly the same time as my 23 year old son. We were both heading for the same place.

I'm only going to wash my face and clean my teeth, I said.

I'm only going for a wee, he replied.

For half a second we looked at one another. Who was going to be the quickest,? About the same.

He clenched his fist and said: on the count of 3.

I touched my fist to my palm three times and did 'scissors', which beat his 'rock'.

No, no, no, he said, on the count of three.

So I did it again, one, two three, scissors.

Can't you count, he said. And for a second, I thought, am, I going daft here, that was three. So we did it again before I realised, he meant - one, two and choose your weapon.

He won. I was left scratching my head on the landing.

- Paper, scissors, rock. Make a fist, slap the palm of your hand, then show:

scissors - two fingers
rock - fist
clawed hand - paper

scissors cut paper, so wins.
paper wraps rock, so wins.
rock blunts scissors, so wins.

We used to play it as children and don't know where it orginates from, but imagine our parents played it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment